A great fall afternoon to watch CC hold Texas Rangers to only 2 runs with 11 hits and stranding 7 runners on the bases over 6 innings. 10 strike outs, no walks by the Yankees staff and the Sandman come in to close it out in the top of 9th. Now for game 6, time to take Texas!.
And now some pointless Texas Trivia:
- The armadillo is the official state mammal.
- More species of bats live in Texas than in any other part of the United States.
- Texas comes from the Hasinai Indian word tejas meaning friends or allies.
- The world’s first rodeo was held in Pecos on July 4, 1883.
- Texas is the only state to have the flags of 6 different nations fly over it. They are: Spain, France, Mexico, Republic of Texas, Confederate States, and the United States.
- The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
- More wool comes from the state of Texas than any other state in the United States.
- A coastal live oak located near Fulton is the oldest tree in the state. The tree has an estimated age of more than 1,500 years.
- Sam Houston, arguably the most famous Texan, was actually born in Virginia. Houston served as governor of Tennessee before coming to Texas.
- Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
- Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. The Dublin Dr Pepper, 85 miles west of Waco, still uses pure imperial cane sugar in its product. There is no period after the Dr in Dr Pepper.
- The Heisman trophy is named for John William Heisman the first full-time coach and athletic director at Rice University in Houston.